Thursday, November 8, 2007

Bananas is hot!



So, the witty and beautiful Jenny over at Absolutely Bananas (Click on the title above to pay her a visit!) came up with a great idea. Sort of a virtual ladies room, where we gals can get together and dish about our latest beauty secrets and finds. (No, guys, we really are NOT talking about you in there.) Once a month, we post - Bananas keeps the master list at her place - check it out for other great pointers.

After all, none of us is as smart as all of us. Or none of us is smarter than some of us. Or some is smarter than none.....Anywho - here's my tip.

A while back to make the tedium of drinking the recommended 18 gallons of water a day easier, I began adding lemon juice. Sometimes I squeeze half a lemon into my water in the morning. Sometimes I slice up lots of little pieces and just keep them in my bottle as I refill it. (Sometimes I forget to drink water at all and drink 47 cans of Diet Pepsi instead. sigh)

Anyway, while drinking water always makes me feel better, I noticed that drinking the water with lemon made a marked improvement - to my skin, my hair, my energy level - I just all around felt better. Now, I'm not one for fancy book learnin', but I've done some reading and it seems lemon juice is extremely effective in removing toxins from your system. Can't really get into the where and why - I just know that it adds a certain glow!

So, if life hands you lemons - drink lemon juice. Then you can be pretty like this:

10 comments:

Amy said...

HAHAHA! Cute picture! I love lemon water. I'll have to drink it more consistently and see what happens. Thanks for the tip!

Barbara said...

Great pic and tip. I keep that powdered Real Lemon stuff at work, not quite the same but it definitely helps when I think about it.

Bananas said...

LOVE the picture. And excellent tip... I'm totally gonna try it. I've been trying to up my water intake, and lemon juice sounds like just the thing I need to choke it down! :)

Anonymous said...

I drink water with a slice of lemon, too. It makes me feel all fancy.

My grandmother would often bake and use lemon juice to thicken milk. I would watch as she added a cap ful of lemon juice to the milk, refill the cap and drink it by tossing it back like it was a shot of tequila. She's smack her lips and shudder at the sourness - it was very amusing. Only recently did it occur to me that not everyone's grandmother did this, infact it is kind of odd: intentionally making yourself all puckery.

Anonymous said...

Good tip. I'll try it. Oh, but see then I have to get out a knife, get a lemon...at that point I might as well just go to Havana and PICK the things.

Seltzer. The key to getting me to drink a lot of water is flavored seltzer.

I did some half-hearted research to see if drinking a lot of seltzer was in some way bad for me. I didn't find anything. I didn't find anything because I didn't WANT to find anything. And I still don't.

Ahhh, sweet seltzer. Eases the pain.

Jennifer said...

Lemon water is terrific! Great tip and picture!

BOSSY said...

Will this work if Bossy throws some in her wine?

Amie Adams said...

Now that is a gooood tip!!

And I love lemons in water. Not as much as my 57 diet cokes/pepsis a day though.

Anonymous said...

Oooooo, not liking the lemon water, sorry. My water drinking secret is to get good and thirsty, then throw back two 20-ounce glasses of room temperature tap water, back-to-back. Nothing elegant there.

Anonymous said...

Does it work if you slice it up and drop it into a gin and tonic?