As a working mom, I think I have yet to find my true stride. The job/family balance is one that we're always scrambling to achieve, but always seems just out of reach. I do know some moms who navigate these waters beautifully and yet still wish they had - more time, better childcare, higher income, (fill in your need here). I've been lucky enough to have a wonderful family and wonderful career choices - putting the two together in concert can be a challenge.
So I'm not tied to any one particular path (well, I'm sort of committed to the whole "I've had children and now I have to see them through" thing), but in my working life I'm always open to change and growth. Such potential can be overwhelming - so many choices. So, instead of narrowing down a particular path I'd like to follow, I thought it would be easier to eliminate those career opportunities I choose not to pursue.
Here are a few things I will not be when I grow up:
1. Neurosurgeon - Brains? EWWWWWWWWWWW!
2. Mrs. America - Not unless sarcastic wit becomes a talent category
3. Gardener - Look, at the end of the day I'm just glad if I can keep my kids alive, never mind a bunch of plants
4. Crystal Meth dealer - This is not because of my disrespect for the drug culture; I just don't have enough motivation to start a home business
5. Podiatrist - Feet? EWWWWWWWWWWW!
6. Hand Model - I come from Portuguese stock - mine are the decedents of hands that shredded codfish 12 hours a day.
7. Spy - I can't even keep it a secret when I bought something on clearance at Marshall’s
8. Professional list maker - This is really hard
What will you never be?